Sunday, February 21, 2010

Chapter 17: Survey Research

For the past few nights, I have been reading on Chapter 17 of Fraenkel and Wallen’s. The chapter is on Survey Research. Well, I haven’t really read all the other research methods, but I think that survey is the best way for me to find out about what teachers do in their English lesson.


While doing the reading, a few questions came out-

1. Who is my sample?
-Which population will this sample represent?
-Should I just focus on SBP and MRSM?
-Should I make it wider so that the outcomes can be generalized to the whole Malaysian English teachers?
-Will gender play a significant role in this research?

2. How will I carry out the survey?
- Is by-post method OK?
- Do I need to send it by hand to the teachers?
- Or at least to the schools?
- Should I carry out interview?
- If so, whom should I interview?

3. How about the questionnaire? What am I going to ask?

Well, it’s absurdly a lie to say just a few questions, because there are so much to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment